1. In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside.
2. In reserved drippings cook pork, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
3. Add wine; bring to boiling; lower heat and simmer for 10 min. or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the bacon, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, basil, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hr. or until desired consistency. Remove bay leaves. Serve with hot cooked spaghetti.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: