1. Preheat grill or broiler. Place celery and fennel in a bowl of ice water to crisp.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter with hot sauces. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Brush corn with seasoned butter mixture.
3. On a rack, arrange corn; grill or broil until slightly charred, 8 to 10 min, turning ears and basting with remaining butter mixture.
4. To serve: Drain celery and fennel. On 4 dinner plates place celery, fennel and Buffalo Corn Ears, dividing equally. Top corn with Blue Cheese Slather (recipe follows). Use remaining Slather as a dip for the celery and fennel. Serve with grilled or fried chicken or fish, if desired.
Blue Cheese Slather:
1. In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, cream cheese, half and half and celery salt. Mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Yields about 1/2 cup.